Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Preface--A Walk Down Memory Lane: a slightly different perspective

Having read as much of Carolyn’s SnowStory Here as she has compiled to date and having enjoyed the interaction of other family members, even adding comments from time to time myself, it has occurred to me to attempt to put forth my own version of the story. It has been said (and with some certainty) that every marriage has two stories, two versions, two sides of the same coin: hers and his.

From the outset, let me be clear that this is not an attempt to overshadow, to undermine, to dispute, to discredit or in any way detract from what Carolyn has done. She has produced a superb work so far and I concur with her details and dates and admire her tenacity and persistency in continuing her task. That the work is creditable and very worthwhile is obvious, that fact also being verified by the comments both inside and outside the blog by our immediate children, as well as the excitement of their children who seem to savor a sense of their own history.

Therefore, I want to start at the beginning and share some thoughts, some memories, some images and some insights as we take this walk together. I do not anticipate that this effort will be easy nor will it be necessarily quick. The work will go in spurts a little here and a lot there, so be patient. A little encouragement, and an “amen” from time to time will certainly be appropriate. So, let me take a breath, a very deep breath and get some thoughts together and I’ll see you in chapter one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home