Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It would appear that someone is attempting to entice me to fill the unfilled space in my blog. Please note that, until just a short while ago, I was totally unaware of the term blog. When I first saw it I thought that it must be some sort of combination of a bog (a watery marshy area, mostly to be avoided) and maybe a blob (a large jelly-like mass of greenish slimy stuff, again mostly to be avoided).

Well I was wrong (and that’s not the first time that’s happened!).

A blog is an electronic place to capture one’s thoughts and then to let the world see them, for better or sometimes for worse.

So, I succumbed when “Enscussions” was invented by some relatives of mine. And I named my first venture into blogland “Dave’s Raves.” Now, I’m not too sure that was a good name, namely because I am too tired to rave much anymore.

Well, for all you relatives who have been encouraging me to write more, here is a start.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Broadus said...

Great. Keep it up.

Blog is short for weblog, which makes a certain amount of sense, but like most things in the cyber world it was quickly shortened to Blog. I agree--standing alone with no context it is a strange sounding word.

2/21/2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

Betty asked me to post this comment since she cannot post on your site:

Good start....great disclaimer..I doubt anybody can sue you now...not even Susie. I'm looking forward to your 'take' on your history....so now that you're on a roll........

2/22/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I cannot wait to hear...err...um...I mean read more.

2/23/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home